GDB 5, pascal, seeg faulting, questions....

I have a LARGE code base writtin in Pascal (GPC), Assembly(NASM) And C(GCC).
Its currently being ported to linux as for both development and runtime
environments.  When running the native executable created, the code base
runs fine.  However, when running gdb on the executable, I get a ton of seg
faults with my code before it reaches the point I want to break on.  So, one
of my questions is, when you break on a thread other than the parent thread,
do all the threads stop execution or do they continue execution even though
one thread is stopped?

Now, my next question is in regards to Pascal in GDB only.  I am using GDB
development version 20010529 (which has all the string errors from last week
fixed).  In pascal you can have pointers just like in C.  I have tested this
on C code.  When you have a pointer in C it'll either print the value of
what you are pointing to or print the contents of the structure being
pointed to with no problem.  In a Pascal Code Base, when printing the
contents of a variable on the GDB command line I get, "Attempt to
dereference a generic pointer", when doing something like this: "(gdb) p
Somepointer^".  Doing "(gdb) p Somepointer" does return the memory address
sucessfully though.

Also, are there any plans to allow pascal in gdb to not be case sensitive?
Also, If I modify some things, would there be enough interest that I should
submit the changes?

Thanks,
ADam

C. Adam Oldham              Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
Software Engineer           7300 West Friendly Ave.
adam.oldham@marconi.com     Greensboro, NC 27420-2087
Phone : 336.547.5952        Fax   : 336.547.5079
This document contains confidential information of Marconi Commerce
Systems Inc.  In consideration of the receipt of this document, the
recipient agrees not to reproduce, copy, use or transmit this document
and/or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, or to
suffer such actions by others, for any purpose except with written
permission, first obtained, of Marconi Commerce Systems Inc., and
further agrees to surrender the same to Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
upon demand.