Re: w32api fibers supported?

Hi Pierre,

probably my perception of what I saw led me to say "inconsistent". I will
explain:

My SystemC applications crash (depending on what kind of SystemC functions I
use) on CYGWIN and MINGW using either "quick threads" or fibers. They will run
on LINUX (quick threads) and Borland BCC free compiler (fibers). A minimum
SystemC example has been defined which causes a crash.

Within gdb the examples crash at certain points within the application. The
places where segmentation errors occur seem to be the same as if I ran outside
gdb. However SystemC is a relatively complicated assembly C++ classes.
Therefore I found it difficult to analyse its behaviour.

I ran a simple fiber example to learn about fibers and registers based on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/visualc/vcsample/vcsmpfiberssamplefiberbasedfilecopyoperation.htm

This runs o.k. in CYGWIN or MINGW32 switching back and force between a read
and a write loop. Within gdb however after only two context switches it will
stop (not crash) with a return message greater than 0.

So I guess what I saw on SystemC was only half the message, and I am concerned
that without a proper debugger I will not be able to find the cause of the
SystemC crashes in CYGWIN and MINW32.

Holger Vogt