Re: Testsuite status/proper configure?

Your test process looks okay to me.

These are similar to my test results.  I run the test suite each weekend
week and post the results to:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers

Nitpick #1: dejagnu does not report the count of ERRORs and WARNINGs.
I have to count these by hand:

  grep -c ERROR gdb.sum
  grep -c WARNING gdb.sum

The triple "# ERRORs, # WARNINGs, # FAILs" is more useful than "# FAILs",
because if something goes wrong, the results can have a lot of ERRORs
and WARNINGs with fewer FAILs.

Nitpick #2: it helps to know which compiler you ran the test suite with.
gdb should behave the same no matter what compiler that it's built
with.  But the debug info in the programs-under-test depends a lot on
what compiler it's built with and the version of that compiler.  In
particular, there's a big difference between v2 gcc and v3 gcc.
(I use a v3 gcc when I test).

Basically your test process is good and those numbers are real.

MichaelC