Re: GDB's mascot?

> Ok, I made a sketch and scanned it, then traced over it in Gimp.
>
>   http://www.bluebutton.com/misc/archer.html
>
> I was going for kind of a Bloom County look - cute, big eyes.  Its just
> a suggestion, really - feel free to find a better artist/cartoonist.  [:)]

You've got the markings pretty much spot on.  I just think the shape can
be improved a little.  The archer has a decidedly non-traditional fish
look.  Checking:

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/tchatar.htm
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/tjaculat.htm

in particular the image:

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/tchatar2.htm

the notes point out ...

> The dorsal profile of the body from the tip of the snout to the dorsal

> fin is almost straight. This body shape in combination with the location

> of the dorsal fin well back on the body, allows the fish to swim very close

> to the surface and look upwards without creating surface disturbance. This

> is an advantage when hunting insects which rest on overhead vegetation.

and visually this is really a very striking feature.  Could I suggest
things be tweeked to to make this more obvious - have the top of the
fish straight and roughly horizontal?

	Andrew