Re: Why is gdbreplay built, but not installed?

"H . J . Lu" wrote:

> 1. gdbserver is not built/installed by default.

Personally, I think it should be installed by default.  gdbserver
would be ideal for debugging X servers and embedded Linux systems.

> 2. gdbreplay is very small
>
> # ls -l gdbreplay gdbserver
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 hjl      users       47000 Aug  6 18:45 gdbreplay
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 hjl      users      145836 Aug  6 18:45 gdbserver
>
> I don't know what you meant by "taking up space".

OK, the disk space is trivial, but every installed program has an
overhead in documentation, packaging, users asking "what does this
do", etc.  There are a hundred more important things to be spending
time on just in GDB alone - while I'm typing this, I'm not working
on any of them (of course, I probably wouldn't be working on them
anyway :-), but I am robbing from GCC hack time).

Stan