Re: multiarch x86_64 target

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> Ulgh!  For the short term, I'd just ignore it - return the x86-64 vector
> regardless.  The one thing I wouldn't be trying to do is trying to
> multi-arch the x86.

Well, I am :-).  It's nowhere close to being finished, but I am making
progress.  I think the current situation is already a lot better than
when you started your multi-arch work.

A big problem is the fact that there are a lot of unmaintained x86
targets.  I'd like to obsolete a few of them once we get GDB 5.1 out
of the door, but even then there are targets that I cannot test, and
will be hard to multi-arch.  I'm thinking about multi-arching only a
subset of the x86 targets, leaving the others basically alone.  Would
that be acceptable to you?

Anyway, once I've multi-arched the x86, whe should probably integrate
the x86_64 target a bit closer with it.

Mark