Re: Using gdb with emacs

    Yes, that will work for this particular case.  But I don't think it
    solves the general problem.  In Mauve, all these files are compiled
    (with gcj) into a single executable.  Mauve has 121 directories.  And
    it has 20 files named "Test.java".

Is it necessary for them all to have the same name?
Could you rename these files to 20 different names?

    I'm not particularly concerned with situations where the debug info is
    not robust.  I think it is reasonable for gdb to adopt an approach of
    making things work very well on robust platforms (for instance,
    Linux),

Linux is not a platform at all, just a part of one.  Various GNU
programs such as GCC, GAS and GNU libc are at least as relevant to the
qualities of this platform for debugging as Linux is.  So please don't
lump our work in with the much smaller program, Linux.  See
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more explanation.