Re: Problem with gdb Tru64 5.1 patch

>   I could successfully compile gdb, but to be able to
> do this, I had to edit the files modified by the patch
> manually, because the line numbers in the 'diffs' of the
> patch did not match the line numbers in the source.

The patch I sent was against the lastest GDB code in the CVS repository.
GDB 5.0 is a bit older so I'm not surprised that the line numbers do not
correspond...

>   Now, the executable I got did not work properly. I can
> start it, load a file, but the command 'run' crashes the
> program (see prototypical session below.)

Try the most recent sources, they should contain the changes that will
allow you to compile GDB on your plateform. Let me know if it doesn't,
I'll try to help you out.

--
Joel