Re: Angel protocol in GDB

Mikroprog wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I wanted to use GDB with Ethernet/Angel protocol.
>   According to Angel spec., it must contain at least 20 bytes (under
>   UDP level). But after target replyed (ADP_Booted), debugger sent
>   only 4 bytes (00-01-00-03), and hungup.
>     How target must react into such debugger request? What does it
>   mean?

Please post the complete messages up to that point.
Use "maint rdilogfile <some file or your tty>" and "maint rdilogenable
on"
to make GDB log the messages with interpretation.

Also, don't even try to use GDB 5.0 with rdi targets.  It is broken.
If you are using Cygwin, some old releases had a serial port problem
as well.  So, get a recent GDB snapshot first and a recent Cygwin,

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300