Re:GDB and ARM Multi-Ice JTAG emulator

Actually, there are a few precisions I forgot to submit.
Multi-Ice is said to be compatible with RDI 1.51 compliant debuggers.
The way it works is the following :
- The hardware is connected to a MS-Windows based PC, on a parallel port
- on this *host* PC, a SW component, called Muli-Ice server, must be running
- on a second computer (Windows, Solaris, HP-UX and maybe Linux, but it could also be the *host* PC), another SW component  called MultiIce.dll
is used to control the HW, via a TCP/IP connection to the Multi-Ice server.

It is quite not simple...

Do you think it could fit the way gdb works ?

By the way, I agree that *closed* systems are not the best.
But Multi-Ice devices have also a major advantage : it supports a wider range of cores than the Jeeni, for example.
Also, used with ARM debuggers, there are nice features that are not (for the moment ?) in gdb : access to the hardware without any debugging frame (no need to load anything to access registers, memory, ...), dumping/filling memory from/to file,...

Regards,
Cyril Germond
Competence Center Platforms
PHILIPS Semiconductors Sophia
505, route des Lucioles
Sophia Antipolis - 06560 Valbonne - France
Tel +33 (0)4 92 96 83 63
Fax +33 (0)4 92 96 12 66
E-mail : cyril.germond@philips.com