Re: saving breakpoints

> Hi, all...
>
> We added this capability to the Apple version of gdb.  We are now going through the (painful, you may guess) process of merging in the past 8 or 9 months of gdb changes into our sources (we were keeping up for a while, but then got distracted by the little matter of two OS releases...)
>
> I am pretty sure the save breakpoints code will be easy to separate from our other changes, so once we have finished this merge, I will extract the patches and send them on.  (Actually, if I play my cards right, I might even be able to guilt Jason into doing it.)  In the meantime, if someone is dying for this capability, there is a version in the Darwin repository on opensource.apple.com.

Jim,

On the task of getting Darwin support into GDB.  Have you, or Jason,
considered creating a jumbo patch and then submitting that to gdb-patches@?

I could then toss that onto an Apple branch so that I (or for that
matter anyone else) could cleanup and commit the bits they were
interested in.

The reason I think Apple should submit a patch is to ensure that there
is a clear transfer from Apple to the FSF of the changes.

enjoy,
Andrew