Re: Please consider the 5.1 branch frozen

> Sometime in the next 12 hours I'll spin out a GDB 5.0.N+1.  That will remain for a week and then, assuming no one panics (and then I'll probably just keep adding notes to the README) it will become GDB 5.1.

Turns out that posting this has flushed out a few approved but not
committed testsuite patches.

Testsuite patches are painful catch 22.  On the one hand, testsuite
improvements are a good thing as they allow you to better analize test
results.  However, on the other hand, someone checking for regressions
is going to get mighty confused if the testsuite behavour changes
radically (cf my gdb.asm patch).

Lets make it that the branch is ``frozen'' from 00:00 GMT (for the
geographically impared, I think that is roughly 7pm US eastern).

enjoy,
Andrew