FW: GDB 5.1 on Solaris 2.8

Looks like gdb list don't accept messages larger than 100000 bytes... This
time I am attaching just diff.txt ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Debashis Mahata [mailto:debashis.mahata@wipro.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:51 PM
To: Albert Chin-A-Young
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: GDB 5.1 on Solaris 2.8

Hi Albert,

I am marking this mail to gdb list for others benefit/comments.

Originally I had made changes on GDB 4.18. Along with these changes, I also
had some other changes which are not related to the current problem.
Currently I have source code of GDB 5.0 in my machine. So I am attaching
three files (taken from GDB 5.0) where I made the changes for '/' and double
';' problem.

The '/' problem in N_SO stab looks like a bug in compiler since it violates
the documentation and probably SUN should provide a patch for that in
future. My fix for this problem is in file partial-stab.h and dbxread.c. The
current fix might be Solaris specific (I am not very sure what will happen
if some compiler generate single N_SO instead of two as in case of Solaris).
Although a generic fix is not required for me at this moment, any generic
fix is welcome.

I have placed the fix for double ';' in file stabsread.c. Stab document does
not says that the structure and unions should ends with two consecutive ';'.
GDB logic should not assume two consecutive ';' at the end. Either SUN
should also fix this or otherwise a permanent fix is required in GDB.

I am attaching the updated version of partial-stab.h, dbxread.c,
stabsread.c, and diff.txt .

Thanks,
debashis mahata.