Re: Regcache changes broke MIPS

> Hmm, doctor the patient is worse than we thought (and how ironic, this
>> one is my target).
>>
>> Briefly, the MIPS still defines certain methods (REGISTER_RAW_SIZE() at
>> least) as macro's mapped onto functions instead of true multi-arch
>> methods.  That is why they are being called when they shouldn't.
>>
>> I came up with a patch that fixed just REGISTER_RAW_SIZE() but that
>> didn't fix it - suspect I need to find more.
>

> I think I follow.  Do you actually currently build the register cache
> with dummy values (on a multiarch target) and then rebuild it after
> gdbarch is initialized?

I fixed REGISTER_RAW_SIZE() and it died in what appeared to be
REGISTER_BYTE() .....

At present the architecture gets built three times (!!!):

	o	dummy architecture

	o	default architecture

	o	executables architecture

The first one goes, once the non multi-arch targets are removed.

> It seems like there should be a way to register a post-gdbarch,
> non-multi-arch-target init function to avoid this.

That is hopefully unnecessary.  Just need to convert a few more MIPS macros.

	Andrew