Odd behavior with souce files

Hello All,

I sure hope this is not an FAQ -- I tried to check the manual and could
not find anything.

I am using gdb to debug a project and, as expected, gdb found the source
files.  Unfortunately, when I step through the code, gdb complains that it
can't find souce code for libraries used by the project (including system
libraries).  Below is a snippet from a gdb session.

233       else if (n == 0)
(gdb)
236         pntr = (double *) malloc((unsigned) n);
(gdb)
__libc_malloc (bytes=192) at malloc.c:2791
2791    malloc.c: No such file or directory.
        in malloc.c
(gdb) s
2794    in malloc.c
(gdb)
2785    in malloc.c
(gdb)
2794    in malloc.c
(gdb)
2806    in malloc.c

Needless to say, I don't want to debug malloc.  Is there an option for gdb
such that, if a source file is not found, it won't try to step into that
particular routine.  I have similar problem when gdb encouters, printf,
fprintf, etc.

Thanks,
Kevin

 Kevin R.J. Ellwood