Re: 5.1.1

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> I suspect that there are enough things now to justify a 5.1.1.  Can I
> suggest spinning it out sometime mid summer (January for the
> geographicaly impaired :-)

That would be fine.  GCC has now switched using Dwarf2 as normal
debugging format and gdb 5.1 cannot read it.  I haven't tried the CVS
version yet whether this is fixed.  But having a gdb that can debug
programs that GCC generates would justify a 5.1.1.

For reference, the problem I have is:

GNU gdb 5.1
This GDB was configured as "i386-suse-linux"...Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

(gdb) r
Starting program: /builds/gcc/gcc-3.1-devel/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/./time_put_members_wchar_t.exe
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
(no debugging symbols found)...Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de