Re: 5.1.1

Andreas Jaegar writes:

> That would be fine.  GCC has now switched using Dwarf2 as normal
> debugging format and gdb 5.1 cannot read it.  I haven't tried the CVS
> version yet whether this is fixed.  But having a gdb that can debug
> programs that GCC generates would justify a 5.1.1.

Happily, this has been fixed on the CVS 5.1 branch as well as the CVS
mainline.  My experience is that the released version of gdb 5.1 can
handle dwarf2 executables produced by gcc 3.0.2, but not gcc CVS HEAD.
So we are not in a horrible "latest released tools don't work together"
state until gcc releases again.

Some unadorned tables for the CVS 5.1 branch are here:

  http://www.shout.net/~mec/sunday/2001-12-06/index.html

Michael C