Re: Obsolete m68k

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 12:26:50PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> The m68k is currently not multi-arched.  If the m68k isn't converted to
> use the multi-arch framework it will be made obsolete.

Please no! :-)

The Palm OS port (we hope to have remote-palmos.c in a state in which
it might be acceptable for submission sometime soonish) uses m68k, and
represents some number of tens of thousands of users.  I imagine there
are other m68k users too.

> If anyone else is interested in multi-arching this target,

If noone more knowledgeable wants to do this target, I will read the
multi-arch howto and volunteer to fix it.  But it might take me a
while...

> please first ensure that you have a GPL assignment for GDB in place.

I sent a request-assign.future for binutils and GDB (with the email
address jmarshall@acm.org) to fsf-records on 2001-12-18.  How long
should one wait for a response before starting to pester them?

    John