Re: Changing the C/C++ compiler for gdb testsuite runs

Richard Earnshaw writes:
> Is there a way of forcing the GDB testsuite to use a particular compiler
> that hasn't yet been installed (I have a gcc-3 compiler from a build tree
> that I'd like to use to run the tests, but I don't particularly want to
> have to install it first).

I build my compilers with "prefix=/blah/blah/2002-01-10/blah ...."
and then I go ahead and install the compiler.  When I run the gdb test
suite, I set $PATH to the place where the compiler-under-test lives.

You may need to set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well if you build gcc with shared
libraries (libgcc and libstdc++).

If you build gcc and gdb in a unified build tree then dejagnu will find
and use the uninstalled compiler in the unified build tree, even in
preference to $PATH.  That behaviour actually got in my way so I stopped
using unified trees.

Michael C