Re: [Fwd: Cron <gdbadmin@sources> sh $HOME/ss/do-all-gdb-snapshots]

> What am I missing?

Probably nothing.  I agree, CVS can be pretty counter intuitive.

> One of the things I can never remember is when do you have to use the
> "-r TAG" switch with CVS commands issued on the branch.  So I tend to
> always use that switch, which is perhaps incorrect with "cvs add".

CVS should see that the directory is on a branch and remember to add new
files to that same branch.  There were definitly bugs on this (I
remember being tripped my self a few years back and that led to a bug
fix).  You're sequence likely ticked another of them and sccrambled the
contents of the CVS directory.

All I did was:

	cvs add foo
	cvs commit

in my 5.1 tree.

>> Should the FDL and ``Free Software Needs Free Documentation'' blurbs be
>> added to the GDB Internals Manual?
>

> I asked Richard Stallman, and he replied that it's okay to have only
> one FDL in a collection of documents that are distributed together.
> The same situation exists with Emacs, so we are in a good company ;-)

M'kay.

>> Also, should the main GDB manual include a printed copy of the GPL.
>

> I don't know.  In general, GDB is considered one of the few
> ``important packages'' that are part of GNU software, so having the
> GPL in the manual is probably a good idea.  GCC, for example, does
> have such a section.  And we even have a section for it ("Free
> Software"), which now just tells what the GPL is.

Ok.

Andrew