Re: Thread Support for remote debugging

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Cool.  Can you post a patch, or an archive of your sources?
> I'd like to link to it from http://www.kegel.com/linux/gdbserver.html
> - Dan
>

> "Korbel, Michal" wrote:
> >
> > I was use source for gdbserver based on GDB 5.0,
> > but I was add protocol support based on Quality Quorum source code
> > (multithread and zbreak packet support)
> > and move part of multithread support from GDB 5.0 core into gdbserver code.
> > There are some bugs, but looks and work quite good.
> > The most importent is: " we can start debug after all thread are created",
> > there are problems with adding or deleting thread in internal thread list.

Great to hear this, however, I would like to warn everybody  (as an
original developer) that there are some protocol issues to be fixed
still, before serous advance could be achieved.

There is also an issue of clearly formulating goals - in my view remote
debugging has to provide the same functionality as local one.

BTW, is it possible to set up mailing list to discuss this topic
specifically ?

Thanks,

Aleksey