Re: gdb support for Atmel AVR

> <snip>
>
> :)I'd try the above.
>
> I set TARGET_ADDR_BIT to 32 and TARGET_PTR_BIT to 16 and initial testing
> looks like it works. I think had the two swapped when I was playing with
> this months ago.
>
> Now I have avr support with only the following modifications to gdb from
> cvs:
> 	modify: configure.tgt
> 	add:    avr-tdep.c
> 	add:    config/avr/avr.mt
> 	add:    config/avr/tm-avr.h
>
> This makes me much happier than my previous patch with all the other files
> it touched.

(Unless you've got shared libraries you should be able to zap tm-avr.h
as well.)

The above news is really good.  I suspect ``months ago'' all the
framework you needed may not have been in place.  Perhaphs also have a
look over the relevant sections of the gdbint.texinfo file - there is
plenty of oportunity there for improvement.

nice,
Andrew