Re: Switch from gnats to Bugzilla?

> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:20:13PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> It looks like our gcc counterparts are migrating to Bugzilla.
>>
>> I was wondering if it would be a good time to switch gdb to Bugzilla,
>> too.
>>
>> IMO, Bugzilla is superior to GNATS.  The interface is more intuitive
>> and it can even be linked to CVS (I believe).
>>
>> There is a long discussion of this subject here:

Long was an understatement :-)

>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-02/msg00454.html
>>
>> I'm willing to do the work if there is agreement that it is a good
>> thing.
>

> FWIW, I agree completely.

To do the political side step.  I'd suggest waiting until there is a
firm decision from the GCC steering committe on a go/no-go.  If GCC
decide to change, I can't see any reason for GDB to not follow.
However, I've enough other headaches without trying to be the one
blazing this particular trail.

Web-wize, yes I agree that bugzilla is better (I've too much experience
filing mozilla bugs :-).  I think the comment about web interface
performance is bogus.  I should know, I lived behind a 28k modem with
 >500ms latency and survived :-)

E-mail wize, the GCC thread suggests the people on the list understand
the issues - need to be able to submit, reply and see updates via
e-mail.  It isn't reasonable to assume that everyone has permenant IP
connectivity and <100ms latency.

enjoy,
Andrew