Re: New directory src/gdb/misc?

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:59:39AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Is the right direction to split things across ``functional'' (utils,
> nat, isa/abi, ..) lines rather than ``usage'' (common to gdb/gdbserver,
> commont to gdb/sim, ...) lines?  A functional split would result in
> gdbserver cherry picking from random directories the bits it wants from
> core gdb.

One type of directory seem particularly useful:
 - directories in which each file serves the exact same purpose for a
different target.  However many of these we want, though the more
pieces it goes into the more complicated it'll be to figure out what
does what...

The other useful idea would be purely organizational (like breaking up
utils).

Both of these require creating subdirectories; I think both may be good
ideas.