Re: gcc development schedule [Re: sharing libcpp between GDB and GCC]

Richard> I think this is a mistake.  It is completely unreasonable to have
Richard> the entire "major structural changes" time period concurrent with
Richard> "please work on making a release happen".

Richard> I've been working under the assumption that the current schedule can
Richard> be changed, so that I can help Diego with the language independent
Richard> tree-ish IL after the 3.1 release.

	I agree.  We do not have enough developer bandwidth to work on
major, new changes concurrently with the release process.  Even after GCC
3.1.0 is released, we will need to assess how much effort will be required
for the GCC 3.1.1 bug-fix release the following quarter.

David