cross-debugging of userland core files, nat -> tdep

Hi folks...

I've been thinking of what needs to happen in order to support
cross-debugging of userland core files in NetBSD.

BFD can already handle NetBSD ELF core files in the appropriate way.  As
far as I can tell, the only stumbling block is getting GDB to play nicely
with them.

The problem is that the functions that supply registers, etc. from the core
file are all in "nat" modules.  This is probably mostly an artifact of the
data being in the same format as the reg structure returned by ptrace(2).

What I'd like to do is move those supply-registers routines into an
appropriate "tdep" file.  They can still be used by the "nat" routines
which use ptrace(2), and all the core file handling goo can then go into
the "tdep" module, as well.

If this sounds reasonable, then I'll start my little project.  Otherwise,
I'd love to hear suggestions :-)

Thanks.