Re: gdb 5.2 removes the conditional breakpoints

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 02:08:41PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Bugs which have relatively safe fixes will be fixed on the branch.  Bugs
> that don't have safe fixes will have to wait for the next release.  New
> features (as opposed to bugfixes) will have to wait, period.
>
> Please be aware of the downside of fixing everything indiscriminately: it
> means that GDB 5.2 will never be released, since ``there's always one
> more bug''.  So what will go into the branch and what won't is a
> judgement call, not something that is self-evident.

That is a regression and a very bad one we are talking about. I believe
it is perfectly fine to delay a release to fix regressions. Otherwise,
people may find the new gdb less useful than the old ones or people
may say the new gdb is worse than the old ones.

BTW, I agree we shouldn't fix old bugs nor add new features on branch.

H.J.