Re: GDB plugin proposal

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> >    - Its possible that GDB would eventually want to allow an LGPL like
> >      interface for plugins so that binary only plugins could be created.
> >

> We are trying to create a libgdb which would be used to create the
> interactive debugger as well as be incorporated into other tools.
> Once this is achieved, the possibility of making the libgdb a LGPL'ed
> library will have to be discussed.

I should have mentioned that this is not happening that soon.  We have
come a long way from the monolithic GDB program, but there is still
quite
a bit of work to do and there is no funding for that at the moment.

This library was the central part of my parallel debugger, PGDB, which
I start to develop while a grad student at Univ. of Toronto circa 1993.
I have been trying to get a pure libgdb library done ever since. ;-)

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300