Re: pseudo registers in the regcache

> How about renaming the 68k stuff as being MEMORY_REGS and reserving the
>> > PSEUDO concept for what we really seem to want -- a view of a (or a
>> > combination of) physical (or memory) register(s)?
>

>> Or update mc68hc11 :-)
>

> Well, I was hoping to avoid something that would be regarded as a majorly
> invasive change (and which I've no chance of testing).  Reclassifying the
> mc68hc11 pseudos as memory registers would avoid that (basically it would
> be a search and replace type operation ;-).

I'd rather not see GDB do anything to legitimatize a now redundant
mechanism.

I think the line-in-sand approach to just banning values in
pseudo-registers post register-read is both better and easier

Shouldn't be too hard to do this using the tweaked regcache  - that uses
regcache->descr->nr_registers instead of NUM_REGS + NUM_PSEUDO_REGS.  In
fact [evil laughter :-)] I can think of a few other things that it could
disallow:
	- holes in the register cache
	- differing register virtual and raw sizes
	- ...
(but worry about that later :-)

enjoy,
Andrew