Re: gdb bugs showing while working on libcwd

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:01:01AM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 02:04:51PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > mostly work.  For some other operations, we try to behave correctly by
> > using the symbol table constructed from debug information; it's in that
> > latter case that we lose it.
>
> Is there any way I might help?  What exactly is going wrong
> in that latter case?
>
> Note that I wrote a demangler as well as a dwarf2 and stabs
> debug symbols reader, so I might have some useful experience.

Basically, we need to change how we store symbol information.  It's not
flexible to account for multiple namespaces.  There's quite a bit in
the archives about it if I recall correctly...

By the way, if that includes a v3 demangler - there are three failures
in the demangler testsuite on v3 for functions taking function pointers
that I can't wrap my head around... :)