Re: GDB support for thread-local storage

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 12:18:34PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > >Adding a suitable version symbol can only help, it can't break
> > >

> > >You'll never get them to document interface changes in pthreads'
> > >internal data structures.  You're welcome to try if you like pain more
> > >than I do.  The only layer the glibc folks support for accessing this
> > >data is thread_db.
> >
> > Does the current thread-db code at least sanity check version match
> > internally?
>
> I don't believe it has any mechanism for this, no.

Doesn't libthread_db read `struct _pthread_descr_struct' from the
linuxthreads library in the inferior, rather than knowing the layout
itself?  So it's actually the inferior's linuxthreads library that
describes its own structures' layout.

It's got *some* defense against version skew.