Re: Remote target behind console server

At 12:28 AM 6/29/2002 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 06:45:17PM -0700, KONG, Gangfeng wrote:

> >> You mean an ``annex[tm]''? Yes. You'll likely need to tweak things so
> >> that the terminal server automatically connects the GDB session through
> >> to the serial port. There isn't an easy way, from GDB, to send terminal
> >> server commands.
> >
> >You have to configure your terminal server appropriately (either enable
> >'raw' mode on the terminal server or disable 'X' command on the stub/gdb)
> >and this is basically it, people do it all the time.
> >
> >If you are going to do 'load' over this connection big terminal server
> >buffers may screw it up.
> Thanks for your message,
>
> Basically I need to use 'telnet' to the ip-addr of my terminal server to
> access
> the serial port of my target box. I may reconfigure the terminal server, but
> how can I let gdb to setup an telnet connection to the terminal server and
> then take this connection as media for its serial access to the stub on
> the target?

Have you tried using 'target remote ip-addr:port' to the terminal
server directly?

Hi,

I start the gdb stub on the target by:
gdbstart -s 38400 -t /dev/ttyS0
and start the gdb on the development box by:
gdb vmlinux
gdb)
gdb) set remotebaud 38400
gdb) target remote my-server-ipaddr:port #note, the port I put here is the serial port# on the server,
#not L4 port, correct?
Now I only get error message:
ignoring packet error, continuing....

If I replace the console server by a direct serial cable for the above 2 boxes,
and use 'target remote /dev/ttyS0' instead. Everything works fine. So I know
except the serial connection, the rest configs are correct.

Could anybody correct me where I did wrongly ?

Thanks
GF