Re: How to get gdb-5.2.1-pre from cvs?

Dear Debugger,
I just barely know how to use CVS, and don't have any idea how
branches are organized or labeled, so I must ask a dumb question:

While we wait for the 5.2.1 release, how does one get an early copy of it?
(while I wait for people to stop sending patches to the branch :-)

Presumably the following commands
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co gdb+dejagnu
get from the head of the current branch (whatever that's called).
Do I need to give a different command to grab from the 5.2.1 branch, if any?
Yes, you need an additional option (the relevant news article mentions it see http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/news/) so:
... co -r gdb_5_2-branch gdb+dejagnu
However, if you're in a hurry grabbing a pre-packaged CVS tarball from:
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch
is much quicker.

However, if you do have CVS access you're better off just grabbing the head of the trunk since that is considered stable.

Andrew