Re: naming command arguments

Anthony,

We have already detected that the current GDB CLI has been stretched
to its limits and the we need something more powerful.  We all want a
real script language for GDB.  The official choice for this language
(accordingly to FSF) is Guile but we wanted to make it possible for
people to add their script language of choice.  Libgdb and the MI
were expected to help us to achieve that.  Unfortunately this can
still take some time.

Anyway, trying to fix the CLI at large will probably create more
headaches than benefits.  But we can try and do something for a few
cases where it is really a big impediment (like your example).

IMO the only plausible options are the two ones listed by Andrew.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser