Re: RTOS awareness

Nick:

> We are not using a stub but a JTAG interface to the processor (ARM7
> core), can we still redirect the printf ?

Dunno.  Although it's hardly a comparison, my Abatron unit for CPU32
can.  When the target takes a particular trap with the registers set a
certain way, it'll snarf up the text string pointed at by one of the
registers and package it up n a 'O' packet--- thereby sending it to
the gdb display.

Don't see any reason why it couldn't be done for JTAG in the same way,
it's just a question of whether your JTAG interface vendor builds in
that functionality.

> How can you call a function form the GDB command line ?

Assuming you have a function like this in your application:

int foo (void);

(gdb) print foo()

will work.  Other function signatures work as well, and gdb will
invoke the target's malloc() if necessary to make room for reference
arguments like strings.  *Quite* cool and useful!

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com