Re: gdbserver/ChangeLog?

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:22:43AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:13:22AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>

>>Daniel,
>>
>>Should there be a gdbserver/ChangeLog? I was recently doing some code >>archology and was finding that the presence of gdbserver entries in >>gdb/ChangeLog was making things mighty confusing. Often the same >>function/variable appears but in a totally different context.

>Hmm, I think that's a good idea.  Is it worth moving entries from the
>old ChangeLogs, or just starting a new one for future changes?

The ``rewriting history'' problem. I don't know.

I'm tempted with suggesting that entries in this years changelog being moved but I don't know how independant they are.

That sounds good to me.  I'll give it a day or two and then move them
over.
Hmm, a better starting point would be date the last branch was cut (which reminds me, the release process doesn't stamp the changelog when that is done ...). Otherwize a diff of the changelogs between two releases won't make much sense -> it will contain a lot of noise.

The other more pragmatic aproach is to start it today, in 4 months, the problem will go away anyway.

Andrew