Re: GDB threading/FP bug

Some better searching revealed this is a very old bug.  From last
year:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=adfbc404c374e980&seekm=OF36816CDD.AE7D54AF-ONC1256B1F.005622DC%40icos.be&frame=off

I tried running GDB in GDB and I was able to get as far as seeing that
the floats seemed to be pushed onto the stack correctly until the
thread switch and all the ptrace stuff, but I wasn't totally sure if
the bug I was seeing at that point was in the GDB'd GDB or was the
same bug in the outter GDB.
[Mailing list changed to something with less spam :-)]

As you've discovered, there have been a number of very similar bugs that all involving corrupted FP and threads. It was thought that fixes for all such bugs were incorporated into both 5.2.* (http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/download/) and the mainline (http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/).

Can you please check that your problem does occur in the latest release/mainline, and if it does, create a bug report using http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/.

enjoy,
Andrew