gdb retargetting

Maybe someone can help me, maybe not.  Here's the deal:

1) I retargetted binutils to support a new processor.  I started with
   binutils-2.12.1 from the GNU ftp site.  That work is complete.

2) I grabbed gdb-5.2.1 and merged the gdb directories with my now-modified
   binutils tree.  This meant I just copied the gdb, malloc, readline, sim,
   and utils directories from the gdb tree to the combined tree.

3) As a check that everything is buildable in the combined tree, I
   configured for i386 (default) on linux, and did a "make".  I wanted
   to make sure that I started from a buildable tree before I hack on
   the gdb and sim directories to support the new processor.

4) Everything built fine until it got to gdb/gdbserver.  It exploded
   compiling utils.c:

        In file included from utils.c:22:
        server.h:37:25: gdb/signals.h: No such file or directory

5) No question, there is no gdb/signals.h included in the gdb-5.2.1.tar.gz
   file that I got from ftp.gnu.org.  Nor is there one in gdb-5.2.tar.gz.

What gives?  I'm beginning to suspect that nobody compiles the
snapshots on the GNU ftp site.  Should I have started from some other
snapshots?  I'm completely learing of basing off of "the tip" of the
CVS tree, as I have no idea when that is stable.  So I thought basing
off of the GNU snapshots would be the way to go.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  rickr@mn.rr.com        http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Stock information at your fingertips:   http://linuxtrade.0catch.com/

In its earliest years, access to Usenet required "Level 5 geek
clearance".  The same people that could get a feed also could get
marijuana. -- Richard Sexton