Re: ARM/Linux OSABI problems (was Re: breakpoints not working ingdbserver)

... wait!  I know what's wrong.  Does uClibc provide a .note.ABI-tag
section, like glibc does?  If not, that needs to be corrected, or GDB
needs to find some other way to recognize uClibc binaries.

(I should also test kernel debugging using an arm-linux GDB at some
point.  It used to work, which means that kgdb also expects the linux
ABI breakpoint, but the kernel certainly doesn't (and shouldn't) have
a .note.ABI-tag marking indicating it is a Linux userland binary.)
I'll also bug report:

(gdb) set architecture <machine> <osabi>

the user should be able to force the <osabi> so that they can extract themselves from situtations such as this.

Andrew