Re: Who uses gdb + fortran?

Arjan van Dijk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last week I had problems running gdb on a fortran program. I'm still
> looking for someone who uses the combination of gdb + fortran.
>
> Problem: how do I get the value of a variable?

Hi Arjan,

I've written proper support for FORTRAN95 for GDB. We are currently
integrating it into top of tree, but you can download the patch, src and
RPMs for/as GDB 5.1.1 from:

Once installed and debugging, to print a variable, just type "print i".
Note that you may have to use DWARF debugging info in the exectutable to
get everything working fine. This depends on which compiler you are
using.

Release Candidate should be out soon with fixes and documentation.

Petr