Re: Apple's Objective-C language patch

Andrew Cagney wrote:

Believe it or not, very recently added to my things to do today list is to get an answer to the question: can a third party take random Apple/GDB sources and contribute them to the FSF.
Yes.  The sources are both copyright-assigned and published; doesn't
matter who performs the mechanics of pasting the changes from one
public repository into another.

Also, if there is any remaining doubt, I have personally seen Apple's
copyright assignment for GDB and talked about it with our lawyer that
specializes in open source issues (who by now has probably spent more
time with RMS than anybody else at Apple 1/2 :-) ), and there are no
obstacles to incorporating any and all Apple mods into FSF GDB.

(I'd actually like to spend more time on the GDB patches, but we have
some 260 local patches in GCC, around 40Kloc of code all told, just
managing those is a big job...)

Stan