Re: list of GNU indent versions in gdb_indent.sh

I noticed that gdb_indent.sh complained at me because I'm using GNU
indent 2.2.7 instead of 2.2.6.  I ignored the warning, but of course
that's something I don't like to do.  Does anybody have any reason to
believe that GNU indent 2.2.7 or 2.2.8 isn't a reasonable version as
well?  If not, I'll look through the ChangeLogs/NEWS/whatever the
appropriate file is for GNU indent for those versions and, assuming
they don't do anything strange, modify gdb_indent.sh to treat them as
"reasonable".
The check is to ensure that everyone uses the same version of indent. That way ``obvious'' re-indentation doesn't cause unnecessary entropy.
(BTW, re-indentation isn't normally a reason for adding a (C) 2002 to a file. For symtab.h, it had seen other [minor] changes so it doesn't hurt.)

Can you please find out exactly what was changed? By definition (baring a really bad bug) GDB's indentation style is determined by the output (no matter how bad :-) of [current] GNU indent with out any parameters (ignoring -T). When a new indent becomes available we should move to it.

I'll tweak the script so that it simply rejects wrong indent versions.

--

Joel,

W.r.t. indent --<white-space-instead-of-tab>, that is somebody elses problem :-) GDB simply lives with the output of GNU indent -T ..., no matter how bad it is :-) If EMACS/indent ever change their default, we'll change as well.

enjoy,
Andrew