MI interface

Hello everyone,
  This is my first time at the gdb mailing list so please excuse any
mistakes.

I just checked out the mi interface of gdb 5.2.1 on a windows system and i
have a question about the mi interface.

Why does gdb redirect the stdout to itself? I mean due to this all programs
parsing the gdb output to a gui have to figure out some way to output the
stdout's (now gdb's) output to a custom console window so that the user
feels that he is working in his own created console. One cant possibly show
him the gdb window and let him work on that as that would make him encounter
the gdb messages from time to time and thus destroy the purpose of building
a gui for gdb.
I didnt notice such a thing in gdb 5.1.1 (mingw build) , where using the mi
interpreter DID create a new console window so i was content with just
parsing gdb's mi output. I would really like to why such a desicion to
redirect stdout/in to gdb was taken with gdb 5.2.1

PRASHANT