Re: branching

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:09:56 -0700 (PDT), Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> said:

> FWIW, David, your procedure is exactly the procedure that I've been
> using in my interpreter branch.

Great, glad to hear I'm on track.  Could you tell me exactly what you
type to create the merge tags on the mainline and to update your
branch to reflect the changes between two mainline merge tags?  (And
whatever words of wisdom you have on the subject of, when you use cvs
rtag to create a tag, what branch(es?) that tags applies to, would be
greatly appreciated.)

I like your -merge nomenclature better than my -tag nomenclature, too:
everything that I do with rtag is a tag, after all, so -tag isn't very
meaningful...

And, given that I'm probably temperamentally suited to relatively
frequent merges, I'll want to take Kevin's advice and delete merge
tags that I haven't used for a while.

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu