Re: how to use libgdb ?

> Given that Apple has proven that MI can be made to work, I don't see
> benefit in adding (and hence implicitly supporting) yet another
> interface.  Remember, MI is documented and *tested*, you'll not get that
> with some sort of internal ABI.
>
> It is also very important keep in mind that directly linking GDB to an
> application is not some sort of performance silver bullet.  It isn't.
> Too many other factors influence GDB/GUI performance - screen refresh
> overhead, target step performance, cost of a stack unwind, even system
> load, ...

I totally agree. Also, one advantage of having your GUI and GDB as
separate processes is that you can then launch your GUI locally while
GDB is running on a distant machine. I do that fairly often with GVD,
with GVD running on my local machine in Vancouver, and the distant
machine being either in New York or Paris...

--
Joel