Core dumps on vxWorks

While I read the earlier posting regarding an intact WDB removing theneed for a core dump in our case we wish to recover crash files from
customer locations and do post-facto debugging. I've whacked in what
looks like an almost working core dump utility that will write the dump
file out to our flash memory where it can be downloaded after the device
reboots.
How can I add the ability to read this files to a GDB installation? Is
there a good example I can cut and paste?
Thanks,
Gene