Re: Cross gdb for ARM

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:08:18PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > which version of gdb/gdbserver is currently recommended for StrongARM?
> > I've tried 5.2 and 5.2.1, but both do not work. I can start the program
> > on the target remotely with "run", but I cannot set breakpoints. It
> > simply continues running and doesn't stop.
>
> 5.2 should work.  More details?
>
> > I also wanted to try CVS, but it doesn't compile at the moment:
>
> Get a 5.3 or trunk snapshot from the
> sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots directory; that won't include SID.

Hi Robert,

FWIW, I've been doing something similar, with gdb/gdbserver 5.2 and with
the 5.3 CVS branch (the main difference is that the 5.3 has thread
support, which Daniel did.  I tried this on mips and it works great, but
I've not tried it on arm yet).

As far as the not stopping goes, this may be the same problem that I
reported a week ago (look for software single step in the archives).
With Daniel's assistance, I've been able to isolate the problem (same on
5.2 and 5.3), and I have a fix.  Once I've cleaned up and checked it,
I'll send an patch and an explanation to the list (replying to software
single step thread), hopefully I should get that done today.

Regards, Stuart