Re: Namespace testcases

On 08 Nov 2002 11:08:47 -0800, David Carlton <carlton@math.Stanford.EDU> said:
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:34:35 -0500, Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com> said:

>> What do you think of pushing the namespaces.exp additions to mainline
>> gdb?  I would like to mark the failures with kfail and open
>> corresponding gnats PRs.

> That sounds reasonable to me.  I've got several testcases involving
> namespace scope issues, anonymous namespaces, namespace aliases, and
> using declarations; I can post an RFA for them on the mainline as soon
> as there are PR's for them.  I'll put adding PR's on my To Do list.

> Maybe Daniel could come up with some test cases/PR's involving the
> fact that GDB doesn't know what namespaces types are defined in.

I've filed PR's for everything that comes to mind.  I probably missed
a few subtleties, but it's a start.  Hopefully next week I'll be able
to find some time to clean up the testcases that I currently have on
the branch and file a mainline RFA for them.

>> So we can really know where we are....and have the satisfaction of
>> telling people reporting problems: "yeah, known bug, see PR/1234".

Not only can we tell people that, we can blame everything on GCC. :-)

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu