redirecting output

Hi,

I'm trying to log a whole lot of program counter values during the
execution of a program using GDB on sparc (solaris-2.8). I'm doing it with
a command file like this one:

b <point early in the program>
run
si
si
si
.
.
'bout a million si's
.
.
.
si
si

Then I run it like this:

% gdb a.out --command=command_file > pc_log

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Somehow the execution gets
corrupted. The 'pc_log' file deviates from what I get by just letting gdb
print to stdout like this (they come to different concusions at some
conditional branch):

% gdb a.out --command=command_file

I find this very puzzling. Can someone tell me what's going on? And,
better yet, how I can get the pc log I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance

Per