Re: recent changes to frame pointer handling on trunk?

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 07:08:51PM -0800, Jafa wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I am working from the gdb trunk and the ip2k port of gdb.
>

> I have been running a trunk snapshot from about 4 weeks ago and when asked
> for the frame-pointer I go and figure it out (the fp isn't normally stored
> by the c-compiler).
>

> I just updated to the trunk and now the frames are all wrong.
>

> What I am seeing is that my code figures the FP out correctly (for example
> SP+10) but instead of looking for the first parameter at FP+0, it looks for
> the first parameter at FP+10.
I don't know much about ip2k but for sparc and pa-risc fp is the old sp.
If fp = sp+10 then fp+10 is the old fp. It looks like the +10 is done twice
perhaps at your chages and somewhere else but unfortunately I'm not a
gdb developer ...
Do you know where (in which cpp file) the backtrace functionality is?
(I've programmed it for sparc solaris and intel linux and try to do it
 for pa-risc hp-ux, but on hp-ux the most things seems to be a little bit
 more complicated ...)

Bye
  Roland